|3 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|1 lb mushrooms, stems and caps, chopped|
|1 pound mushroom caps, sliced|
|4 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|3 tbs flour|
|1/4 cup cream sherry|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
- Add chicken stock to a large sauce pan.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Strain out the mushrooms and discard. Reserve the stock
- Melt the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute lightly.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, constantly whisking.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and the mustard to the reserved stock.
- Cook over medium high heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Stir frequently.
- Add the cream sherry.
- When the mixture begins to boil, remove from the heat and add the whipping cream.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes.