Mussels with Bloody Mary Sauce
|2 tbs vodka|
|2 tbs tomato juice|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|dash of Tabasco|
|1/4 tsp celery salt|
Mussels with Bloody Mary Sauce:
- Clean mussels and remove any beards if necessary.
- Place the mussels in a large sauce pan with the juice of one lemon and 4 tbs of water.
- Cover and steam over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any that do not open.
- Remove and discard the top shell.
- Run a small knife along the shell under the mussel to detach it from the shell.
- Place the mussels on a baking sheet covered with rock salt.
- To make the sauce combine the vodka, tomato sauce, 1 tbs lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and celery salt.
- Spoon 1 tsp into each shell and broil for a few seconds just to warm the sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and serve.