- 2 large stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 1/8 tsp tarragon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint shucked oysters with liquor
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed
This a wonderful dressing that can be used to stuff fish, shrimp or poultry.
- Finely chop celery and onions, then saute in the butter until tender.
- Mix in the seasonings and add the oysters with liquor and simmer until the edges of the oysters just begin to curl.
- Remove from the heat and gently mix in the bread cubes. Adjust the moistness with water if necessary.