|1 pint of Select oysters, drained|
|9 large eggs|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2/3 cup dry bread crumbs|
|6 slices bacon|
|dash kosher salt|
|dash lemon pepper seasoning|
|2 tsp chopped chives|
|paprika for garnish|
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Put flour in another small bowl.
- Spread 1/2 the bread crumbs on wax paper or foil.
- Dip each oyster, first in flour, then in egg, then place in the bread crumbs, taking care to cover evenly. Remove any excess.
- In a 12 inch saute pan, fry the bacon and crisp.
- Remove and drain.
- Add the oysters in a single layer and cook until oysters are golden brown in each side. About 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat the remaining eggs until foamy.
- Crumble the bacon and add with seasonings to the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture over oysters and cook over low heat until the mixture begins to set around the edges.
- With a spatula gently lift edges as they set, tilting pan to allow uncooked egg mixture to run under the omelet.
- Cook until all egg mixture is set but still moist on the surface.
- Sprinkle paprika over, cut into wedges and serve.