Philly Steak and Cheese Egg Rolls
|1 package egg roll wrappers|
|1 lb boneless rib eye steak, cut into thin strips|
|1 onion, minced|
|1/2 lb provolone cheese, grated|
|1 small green pepper, chopped|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|oil for frying|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Thaw the egg roll wrappers.
- In a saute pan, using medium add the olive oil and saute the meat along with the onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients from the saute pan and place on paper towels to drain some of the fat.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile add oil to a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full and heat to 360 degrees.
- Once meat mixture has slightly cooled, divide the mixture among 8 egg roll wrappers and top evenly with the grated provolone.
- Brush water on the edges of the egg roll wrappers and roll tightly, tucking in the edges as you go. You should have a very tight seal.
- Fry the egg rolls in batches in the oil until golden brown. 3-4 minutes.