Scotch Whiskey Pasta
|2 shallots, minced|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/4 lb smoked salmon, chopped|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1/4 cup Scotch Whiskey|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1/2 lb penne or other short pasta, cooked al dente|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs fresh Parmesan, grated|
|fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, saute the shallots in the butter until tender.
- Add the smoked salmon and cayenne and saute for another 2 minutes or so, constantly stirring.
- Whisk in the cream, scotch and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes to thicken, gently stirring occasionally.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to a large serving bowl and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and chopped parsley.