Smoked Salmon Pate
- 1 tbs canola oil1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 lb smoked salmon, minced
- 3 and 1/2 tbs whipping cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of kosher salt
- Crackers and crusty bread for serving
- Beat the oil and butter together until the butter is smooth.
- Slowly beat in the minced fish until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in the cream, lemon juice and nutmeg.
- Season to taste with the pepper and salt.
- Pour the pate into greased ramekins or a small dish and chill covered in the refrigerator for about a hour before serving.