Smoked Salmon Pate
|1 tbs canola oil1/4 cup unsalted butter softened|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter softened|
|1/2 lb smoked salmon, minced|
|3 and 1/2 tbs whipping cream|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|pinch of white pepper|
|pinch of kosher salt|
|Crackers and crusty bread for serving|
- Beat the oil and butter together until the butter is smooth.
- Slowly beat in the minced fish until the mixture thickens.
- Mix in the cream, lemon juice and nutmeg.
- Season to taste with the pepper and salt.
- Pour the pate into greased ramekins or a small dish and chill covered in the refrigerator for about a hour before serving.