Spicy Peanut Sauce
This sauce is commonly is with Indonesian chicken or pork satay.Ingredients:
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbs chunky peanut butter
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan and add the onions.
- Saute until the onions become limp and honey colored.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, peanut oil and red pepper flakes. Blend well.
- Raise the heat and slowly add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture becomes creamy and thickened.
- Use as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken or pork.