Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
|3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes|
|2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp lemon extract|
|2 cups flour|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp cinnamon|
|1 cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sweet potato, butter, eggs, sugars and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture and beat until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by the tea spoon full onto an un-greased baking sheets in batches and bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes until firm in the middle.