Tater Tot Casserole
|1 2 lb bag of frozen tater tots, thawed|
|2 tsp butter|
|2 cups milk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided|
|2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated , divided|
|1 cup country or smoked ham, diced|
|1/2 cup green peppers, chopped|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
This recipe turns the lowly tater tot into something special.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter.
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 cup yellow and 1 cup white cheddar cheese.
- Gently stir in the tater tots along with the ham, peppers and onions.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until top is golden and brown. About 45-60 minutes.