Trout with Almond Butter
- 4 cleaned trout, about 1/2 lb each
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- flour for dredging
- 4 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 tbs peanut or canola oil
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered and blanched
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish with flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large saute pan heat 2 tbs of the butter and all of the oil over moderate high heat.
- Add the trout and cook on each side until nicely browned. About 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a saute pan, heat the rest of the butter.
- Mix in the lemon juice with the almonds and season with salt.
- Arrange the trout on a platter, then spoon the almond sauce over.