Trout with Almond Butter
|4 cleaned trout, about 1/2 lb each|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|flour for dredging|
|4 and 1/2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs peanut or canola oil|
|1/3 cup almonds, slivered and blanched|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt to taste|
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish with flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large saute pan heat 2 tbs of the butter and all of the oil over moderate high heat.
- Add the trout and cook on each side until nicely browned. About 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a saute pan, heat the rest of the butter.
- Mix in the lemon juice with the almonds and season with salt.
- Arrange the trout on a platter, then spoon the almond sauce over.