Warm Mushroom Salad
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 lb of assorted mushrooms, sliced and trimmed|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 medium tomato, diced|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|1/2 cup water|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Heat oil in a saute pan using low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and gently saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the garlic and oregano and toss the mixture for a minute or two so that the mushrooms are well coated.
- Add the tomato, lemon juice, water, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together and cook until the tomato softens.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Garnish with chopped herbs of your choice.