Baked Stuffed Cherrystone Clams
|1 dozen large cherry-stone or quahog clams|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 cup bread crumbs|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|dash of black pepper|
|paprika for sprinkling|
- Open the clams, remove from the shells and reserve the liquid.
- Chop the clams and strain the liquid.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the rest of the ingredients except for the paprika. mix well
- If mixture is too dry moisten with a little more of the clam liquid or water.
- Fill 12 clam shells evenly with the mixture and sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees until hot and bubbly. About 10-15 minutes.