Butter Poached Shrimp and Scallops
- 1 lb of large shrimp
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan add the butter and using low heat and melt slowly.
- Add the white wine.
- Add the garlic and simmer for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to let the butter brown.
- Remove the shells and devein the shrimp
- Add the shrimp and scallops and simmer, turning once for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to a platter and spoon the butter over.
- Season with salt and white pepper
- Garnish with chopped parsley.