Caribbean Coconut Pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 fresh or frozen pie shell, unbaked
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the grated coconut, evaporated milk, coconut milk and butter.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes longer, or until the custard is set and the pastry is lightly browned.