Caribbean Creole Sauce
|3 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|3 tbs ap flour|
|2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped|
|1/2 cup chicken stock|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp lime juice|
|1 tsp vinegar|
|hot pepper sauce to taste|
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the onion and pepper and saute until the onion is tender, but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the flour is lightly brown and smooth.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to mix well.
- Gradually stir in the stock and wine, season with salt and pepper and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.