Caribbean Creole Sauce
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbs ap flour
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the onion and pepper and saute until the onion is tender, but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the flour is lightly brown and smooth.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to mix well.
- Gradually stir in the stock and wine, season with salt and pepper and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.