Cheese Stuffed Jiffy Cornbread
- boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, white or yellow
- 1 tbs oil
This is an easy way to make delicious cornbread.Directions:
- In a large bowl add the cornbread mix and follow the package directions, adding milk and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Preheat the oven.
- Add half of the cornbread batter to a cast iron skillet that has been rubbed with 1 tbs of oil.
- Place 8 slices of cheese evenly over the corn bread batter.
- Add the rest of the batter, then bake for 10-15 minutes or until the corn bread is set and the top is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.