Cheese Stuffed Jiffy Cornbread
|boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix|
|1/2 cup milk|
|8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, white or yellow|
|1 tbs oil|
This is an easy way to make delicious cornbread.Directions:
- In a large bowl add the cornbread mix and follow the package directions, adding milk and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Preheat the oven.
- Add half of the cornbread batter to a cast iron skillet that has been rubbed with 1 tbs of oil.
- Place 8 slices of cheese evenly over the corn bread batter.
- Add the rest of the batter, then bake for 10-15 minutes or until the corn bread is set and the top is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.