Chicken Mornay with Broccoli
- 3/4 lb of fresh broccoli florets, cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook broccoli in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and stir in flour. Add the chicken broth and cream, cook stirring until it thickens.
- Stir in the white wine, salt and pepper, Worcestershire and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Arrange chicken over the broccoli then pour sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbs of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425 oven for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.