Chicken Mornay with Broccoli
|3/4 lb of fresh broccoli florets, cut in half|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|fresh grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced|
|fresh parsley, chopped|
- Cook broccoli in boiling water until just tender.
- Drain and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter and stir in flour. Add the chicken broth and cream, cook stirring until it thickens.
- Stir in the white wine, salt and pepper, Worcestershire and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Arrange chicken over the broccoli then pour sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbs of cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425 oven for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.