Chicken and Olive Soup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- lemon slices
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.Add the paprika and flour and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the broth and cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add olives, chicken and garlic powder.
- Continue to cook and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.