Chicken and Olive Soup
|1/4 cup unsalted butter|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1/4 cup flour|
|4 cups chicken broth|
|1 can pitted black olives, drained and chopped|
|1 cup chicken, shredded|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp garlic powder|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.Add the paprika and flour and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the broth and cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add olives, chicken and garlic powder.
- Continue to cook and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.