Chilled Cream of Cucumber Soup
|3 medium cucumbers, about 1 and 1/2 lbs, peeled and chopped|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|5 cups chicken stock|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 tbs fresh chives, chopped|
- Put the peeled and chopped cucumbers, onion and stock into a heavy sauce pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Cool a little, then add to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain and return to the sauce pan.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 1 tbs of water and stir into the soup, simmer, until lightly thickened, but do not boil.
- Stir the cream into the soup.
- Chill and serve garnished with the chives.