Chilled Cream of Cucumber Soup
- 3 medium cucumbers, about 1 and 1/2 lbs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- Put the peeled and chopped cucumbers, onion and stock into a heavy sauce pan, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Cool a little, then add to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain and return to the sauce pan.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 1 tbs of water and stir into the soup, simmer, until lightly thickened, but do not boil.
- Stir the cream into the soup.
- Chill and serve garnished with the chives.