Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup savoy cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and torn into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 orange of yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 and 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, chopped
- peanut oil
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame sauce
This is a super healthy recipe. It is important to prepare all of you ingredients in advance and it cooks very quickly.
- In a wok or large saute pan add about 2 tbs of peanut oil.
- Using high heat add all of the vegetables except for the scallions and bean sprouts.
- Stir fry, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Mix well. Set aside
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the vegetables, cover and let steam for several minutes.
- Add the scallions, bean sprouts and the soy sauce mixture. Stir fry to combine well.
- Place vegetables on a platter and serve.