Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry
|1 cup red cabbage|
|1 cup savoy cabbage|
|1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half on the diagonal|
|2 cups kale, stems removed and torn into 2 inch pieces|
|1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips|
|1/2 orange of yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into thin strips|
|1 and 1/2 cups bean sprouts|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|2 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|1 tbs sesame sauce|
This is a super healthy recipe. It is important to prepare all of you ingredients in advance and it cooks very quickly.
- In a wok or large saute pan add about 2 tbs of peanut oil.
- Using high heat add all of the vegetables except for the scallions and bean sprouts.
- Stir fry, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Mix well. Set aside
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the vegetables, cover and let steam for several minutes.
- Add the scallions, bean sprouts and the soy sauce mixture. Stir fry to combine well.
- Place vegetables on a platter and serve.