Corn and Pepper Fritters
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup green pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 egg whites
- oil for frying
- Preheat a lightly greased skillet or griddle.
- Combine egg yolks, corn, green pepper, flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, mix well
- Place egg whites in a small bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the yolk mixture.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter in a skillet with a little oil.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once until browned and golden.