Crab Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|1 lb of lump or back fin crab meat, picked over|
|8 slices of ciabatta bread|
|1/2 cup melted butter|
|16 slices of white sharp cheddar cheese|
- To assemble the sandwiches place 4 slices of ciabatta on a work surface and add 2 slices of cheese, covering the bread as evenly as possible
- Top each bread slice with 1 quarter of the crab meat, the top with two more slices of cheese.
- Cover with the remaining bread slices.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich with melted butter.
- Working in batches place the sandwich’s in a large saute pan and using medium heat brown both sides until golden and the cheese begins to melt.
- Once you have browned the 4 sandwiches on each side, place them on a baking sheet and using 400 degree heat bake them for 2 minutes.