Crispy Fried Shrimp
- 1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1 12oz can of evaporated milk
- 3 eggs beaten
- kosher salt
- vegetable oil
Sometimes simple recipes are the best and this is one of them.
- Add the the evaporated milk and beat well.
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil then heat to 360 degrees.
- Add the corn flour and egg mixture in seperate bowls.
- Meanwhile dip the shrimp in the egg/milk mixture and allow excess to drain off, then dip in to the corn flour.
- Place the shrimp in a wire mesh strainer and shake off excess.
- Cook shrimp in batches in the hot oil until golden and crispy.. About 3 minutes.