Low Calorie Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
|6 slices of white bread, crusts removed|
|2 tbs reduced-calorie margarine, melted|
|sugar substitute to equal 3/4 cup sugar, divided|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|4 eggs beaten|
|2 cups skim milk|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
This recipe is perfect for the weight conscious and diabetics. It contains only 139 calories per serving.
- Brush bread lightly with melted margarine then sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar substitute and cinnamon.
- Quarter each bread slice.
- Layer with raisins in a 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Set dish aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tsp of sugar substitute. Pour over bread and raisins in a dish.
- Place dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm.