Low Calorie Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- 6 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tbs reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- sugar substitute to equal 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- vegetable cooking spray
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
This recipe is perfect for the weight conscious and diabetics. It contains only 139 calories per serving.
- Brush bread lightly with melted margarine then sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar substitute and cinnamon.
- Quarter each bread slice.
- Layer with raisins in a 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Set dish aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tsp of sugar substitute. Pour over bread and raisins in a dish.
- Place dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm.