Low Calorie Veal Parmigiana
|1 egg beaten|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|1 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 lb thin veal cutlets, cut into 6 serving sized pieces|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1 (8oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 oz slices of par-skim mozzarella cheese|
Each serving contains only 181 calories.
- Combine egg, salt and pepper and beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, stirring well.
- Dip veal into egg mixture then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Saute veal in a large skillet coated with cooking spray until golden brown.
- Transfer veal to a shallow baking dish and pour tomato sauce over. Top with cheese slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.