Dominican Creole Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 hot green pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
This is an uncooked creole tomato sauce that is especially good served with any meat or fish. It also works well with shell fish. In the Dominican Republic they call this sauce Salsa Criollo Cruda.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and allow to stand for about 15-30 minutes before using allowing flavors to develop.