Green Papaya Chutney
- 2 lbs green (unripe) Papaya
- 1 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh hot red peppers chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- kosher salt to taste
- Peel the papaya’s and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Put into a heavy sauce pan with all the other ingredients and mix well, and simmer, stirring from time to time until the mixture has thickened. About 1/2 hour.
- Pour into a container.
- Use with curries and cold meats.