Ham and Potato Salad
|1 and 1/2 lbs red potatoes|
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|2 tbs chopped onion|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 cup cooked ham, chopped|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup green pepper, chopped|
|1/4 cup red, yellow or orange pepper, chopped|
|8 hard boiled eggs, chopped|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
- Place potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil, cover and cook until tender.
- Cool, slice potatoes.
- Combine oil, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the potatoes and gently mix well.
- Let stand for 1-2 hours.
- Add the ham, celery, green pepper, eggs and mayonnaise and gently mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.