Herb Pan Sauce for Seafood
|4 tbs butter, divided|
|1/4 cup chopped shallots|
|3/4 cup chicken stock|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|3 tbs fresh herbs, such ass parsley, dill, chives or a combination|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful sauce for pan sauteed fish.
- Heat 2 tbs butter in a saute pan over moderate heat and saute’ the shallots until softened but not brown. About 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Continue to cook until reduced by half and lightly thickened. About 3-5 minutes.
- Take off heat and whisk in remaining butter to thicken the sauce, then ad the herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over fish and serve.