Jamaican Bean Fritters
- 2 cups black eyed peas
- 1 red Habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- Kosher and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, minced
- Oil for frying
These are very spicy.
- Soak beans in cold water overnight.
- Drain, rub off and discard the skin.
- Cover the beans with water or chicken stock and cook for 1-2 hours or until tender.
- Drain, rinse add to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the peppers and scallions and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add tablespoons full of the mixture. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.