- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 lb Fontina Cheese
- 1/2 lb prosciutto
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated, divided
- Cut bacon into 1 inch lengths and cook in a large skillet until slightly crisp. Drain on paper towels and pour off most of the fat.
- Chop the onion and place in the skillet along with the olive oil and saute until the onion is tender, but not browned.
- Chop. the parsley, Fontina cheese and prosciutto and set aside.
- Cook the Linguine al-dente according to package directions. Drain and pour into a warm serving dish.
- Add the bacon, onion, parsley, Fontina cheese, prosciutto, egg yolks and half of the Parmesan cheese and toss with a fork and spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese on the side.