Lobster Havana Style
|2 (1 and 1/2 lb) lobsters, cooked|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 and 1/2 tbs ap flour|
|1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|4 egg yolks|
|3 tbs light rum|
- Remove the meat from the lobsters and cut into chunks.
- Reserve the tomalley and the coral, if any.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan, stir in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook very gently, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Beat the egg yolks until light and lemon colored and fold into the sauce, off the heat.
- Fold in the lobster meat and the coral.
- Add the sherry and rum, and the tomalley pushed through a wire mesh sieve.
- Cook just long enough to heat through.
- Serve with white rice.