Low Calorie Baked Halibut
|8 (4oz) halibut steaks|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1 tbs vinegar|
|1/2 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|2 scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese|
This recipe contains only 66 calories per 1/2 steak serving.
- Rinse steaks in cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place steaks in a large baking dish, then brush evenly with Dijon.
- Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- combine the water and chicken stock in a small sauce pan.
- Cover and bring up to a boil. Allow to cool slightly then pour around the steaks.
- Top steaks with with green onions and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.