Low Calorie Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 tbs low calorie low calorie margarine
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can of plum tomatoes, chopped with juice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
This recipe contains only 113 calories per serving.
- Melt margarine over low heat in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Chop chicken into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to the skillet and saute until vegetables are tender, but not browned.
- Return chicken to skillet along with tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.