Low Calorie Chicken Cacciatore
|1 tbs low calorie low calorie margarine|
|1/2 lb skinless, boneless, chicken breasts|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|1/3 cup celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 (28 oz) can of plum tomatoes, chopped with juice|
|1 cup mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh basil chopped|
|2 tsp oregano|
|kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp red pepper|
This recipe contains only 113 calories per serving.
- Melt margarine over low heat in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides. Chop chicken into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Add onion, celery and garlic to the skillet and saute until vegetables are tender, but not browned.
- Return chicken to skillet along with tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.