Low Calorie Cottage Cheese Omelet
|2 egg whites|
|1 tbs water|
|2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp dried marjoram|
|1/4 tsp black pepper|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1 oz low-fat cottage cheese|
This recipe contains only 67 calories per serving. (1/2 omelet)
- Combine the egg, egg whites, water and seasonings in a bowl and whisk well.
- Coat a medium sized non stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of the omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so that uncooked portion flows underneath.
- When egg mixture is almost set, spoon cottage cheese over half of the omelet. Continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Loosen omelet with a spatula and fold in half then slide onto a serving platter and serve.