Low Calorie Cottage Cheese Omelet
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs water
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 oz low-fat cottage cheese
This recipe contains only 67 calories per serving. (1/2 omelet)
- Combine the egg, egg whites, water and seasonings in a bowl and whisk well.
- Coat a medium sized non stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- As egg mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of the omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so that uncooked portion flows underneath.
- When egg mixture is almost set, spoon cottage cheese over half of the omelet. Continue cooking until the eggs are set.
- Loosen omelet with a spatula and fold in half then slide onto a serving platter and serve.