Low Calorie Cream of Potato Soup
- 4 medium sized red potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into eights
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
This recipe contains 85 calories for every 3/4 cup serving.
- Combine potatoes, onion, scallions, garlic, broth in a sauce pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine mixture with milk and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Soup may be served warm or cold.