Low Calorie Enchilada Pie
|1 lb lean ground chuck|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1 (4oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 (6 inch) corn tortillas|
|3/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese|
|vegetable cook spray|
|1/2 cup water|
This recipe contains only 157 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Cook ground chuck and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Once beef is browned add it to a wire mesh strainer so that most of the fat will drain away.
- Return meat to skillet, then stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Layer tortillas, meat sauce, and cheese in a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour water over the top . Cover and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.