Low Calorie Enchilada Pie
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- vegetable cook spray
- 1/2 cup water
This recipe contains only 157 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Cook ground chuck and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Once beef is browned add it to a wire mesh strainer so that most of the fat will drain away.
- Return meat to skillet, then stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Layer tortillas, meat sauce, and cheese in a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour water over the top . Cover and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.