Low Calorie Fettuccine Alfredo
|1 lb package of fresh fettuccine|
|3 tbs low calorie margarine|
|1 tbs ap flour|
|1/2 cup skin milk|
|1/4 cup Parmesan cheese|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the Parmesan. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the fettuccine and toss gently to coat.