Low Calorie Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 lb package of fresh fettuccine
- 3 tbs low calorie margarine
- 1 tbs ap flour
- 1/2 cup skin milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the milk and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the Parmesan. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the fettuccine and toss gently to coat.