Low Calorie Mexican Corn Bread
- 1 cup self rising cornmeal
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 (4oz) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced calorie margarine
- 2 tbs chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- vegetable cooking spray
This is a great recipe for the calorie conscious and the diabetic. It contains only 112 calories per wedge.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the cooking spray, stirring well.
- Pour batter into a Cast iron skillet, or in muffin pans and spray with vegetable spray.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into 10 wedges and serve warm.