Low Calorie Navy Bean Soup
- 1 10 oz package of dried navy beans
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced onion
- 2 cloves, garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tbs low calorie margarine, melted
- 2 cups canned stewed tomatoes
Each serving contains only 159 calories.
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Drain and add to a large sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Saute onion, celery and garlic in the melted margarine until tender.
- Add the sauteed vegetables along with the tomatoes to the beans.
- Simmer 1-2 hours uncovered or until beans are tender.
- Serve hot.