Low Calorie Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup plus 2 tbs ap flour
- 6 oz uncooked regular oats
- 1 tbs baking powder
- sugar substitute to equal 2 tbs of sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- vegetable cooking spray
These muffins contain only 127 calories each.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine milk, egg and oil and add the the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not over mix as muffins will become tough.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over muffins and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.