Low Calorie Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
|1 cup plus 2 tbs ap flour|
|6 oz uncooked regular oats|
|1 tbs baking powder|
|sugar substitute to equal 2 tbs of sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup skim milk|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup fresh blueberries|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|vegetable cooking spray|
These muffins contain only 127 calories each.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine milk, egg and oil and add the the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not over mix as muffins will become tough.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over muffins and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.