Low Calorie Potato Cheese Casserole
|3 cups cooked mashed potatoes|
|1 egg, separated|
|1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese|
|1/2 small green bell pepper, minced|
|1 tbs scallions, minced|
|1/2 tsp celery salt|
|1 egg white|
|1/2 tsp paprika|
|vegetable cooking spray|
This recipe contains only 89 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Combine mashed potato and egg yolk, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in cheese, green pepper, green onions, and celery salt.
- Beat 2 egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into potato mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle paprika evenly over top of casserole and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.