Low Calorie Potato Cheese Casserole
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tbs scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- vegetable cooking spray
This recipe contains only 89 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Combine mashed potato and egg yolk, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in cheese, green pepper, green onions, and celery salt.
- Beat 2 egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into potato mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish coated with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle paprika evenly over top of casserole and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.