Low Calorie Red Beans and Rice
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Celery, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16oz) can small red beans, drained
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1 cup cook rice
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
This recipe contains only 77 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Coat a medium size non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat until hot.
- Add celery, scallions and green pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the beans.
- Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water.
- Add to sauteed vegetables.
- Stir in remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked rice to skillet and stir well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.