Low Calorie Red Beans and Rice
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1/2 cup Celery, minced|
|1/4 cup scallions, chopped|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 (16oz) can small red beans, drained|
|1 tsp beef bouillon granules|
|1 cup boiling water|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1/2 tsp white pepper|
|1/8 tsp red pepper|
|1 cup cook rice|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
This recipe contains only 77 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Coat a medium size non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over medium heat until hot.
- Add celery, scallions and green pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the beans.
- Dissolve bouillon granules in boiling water.
- Add to sauteed vegetables.
- Stir in remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked rice to skillet and stir well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.