Low Calorie Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs low calorie margarine
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 and 1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- vegetable cooking spray
This recipe contains only 82 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Add margarine to a small sauce pan and saute garlic until tender. Do not brown.
- Stir in cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Arrange half each of potatoes, onion and parsley in the bottom of a casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, onions, parsley and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Stir once during baking time.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.