Cream of Crab Soup
|2 lb crab meat|
|1/2 cup fish or shrimp stock|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|1/4 cup butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp celery salt|
|dash of white pepper|
|few drops hot pepper sauce|
|1 quart milk|
|fresh parsley, chopped for garnish|
- In a large sauce pan add the butter and onions and cook gently until soft. Do not brown.
- Blend in flour and seasonings and stir constantly until smooth.
- Add fish or shrimp stock gradually stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- As mixture thickens, slowly add in milk. Continue to stir until smooth and slightly thick.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary
- Add in crab meat and warm.
- Transfer soup to bowls and garnish with parsley.