Cream of Crab Soup
- 2 lb crab meat
- 1/2 cup fish or shrimp stock
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- dash of white pepper
- few drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 quart milk
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large sauce pan add the butter and onions and cook gently until soft. Do not brown.
- Blend in flour and seasonings and stir constantly until smooth.
- Add fish or shrimp stock gradually stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- As mixture thickens, slowly add in milk. Continue to stir until smooth and slightly thick.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary
- Add in crab meat and warm.
- Transfer soup to bowls and garnish with parsley.