Oyster Corn Chowder
|2 inch cube salt pork, diced|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|1 pint shucked oysters, with liquor|
|1 can of creamed corn|
|1 pint half and half or milk|
|kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste|
- In a large sauce pan, cook the salt pork slowly until lightly browned.
- Remove and add the onion and cook until tender but not browned.
- Add the corn, half and half and oyster liquor and heat using medium heat. Do not boil.
- Add the oysters and cook for another 3 minutes or until the edges begin to curl.
- Season with salt and pepper.