Oyster Corn Chowder
- 2 inch cube salt pork, diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 pint shucked oysters, with liquor
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 pint half and half or milk
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, cook the salt pork slowly until lightly browned.
- Remove and add the onion and cook until tender but not browned.
- Add the corn, half and half and oyster liquor and heat using medium heat. Do not boil.
- Add the oysters and cook for another 3 minutes or until the edges begin to curl.
- Season with salt and pepper.