Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Relish
|6 cups corn kernels|
|4 cups cabbage, chopped|
|2 cups onions, chopped|
|2 cups green bell peppers, chopped|
|2 cups red bell peppers, chopped|
|2 cups celery, chopped|
|3 cups cider vinegar|
|1 cup water|
|2 cups sugar|
|1 tbs dry mustard powder|
|1 tbs celery seed|
|1 tbs mustard seed|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tsp black pepper|
- Cut fresh corn off the cob or use frozen or canned corn.
- In a large pot or kettle, combine corn kernels with all other ingredients and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare two-piece self sealing lids on glass canning jars according to manufacturers constructions.
- Ladle relish into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Seal the jars and process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.