Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Relish
- 6 cups corn kernels
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs dry mustard powder
- 1 tbs celery seed
- 1 tbs mustard seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Cut fresh corn off the cob or use frozen or canned corn.
- In a large pot or kettle, combine corn kernels with all other ingredients and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare two-piece self sealing lids on glass canning jars according to manufacturers constructions.
- Ladle relish into hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Seal the jars and process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.