Sauteed Baby Vegetables
|1/4 lb fresh radishes (if you can't find baby, just cut full sized radishes in quarters)|
|1/4 lb baby carrots|
|1/4 lb fresh pea shoots|
|1/4 lb fresh or frozen snap peas|
|1/4 lb broad or Lima beans|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|lemon wedges for squeezing|
This is a side dish of tender baby vegetables that provide wonderful taste and beautiful color to any plate.
- Add carrots, radishes, snap peas, Lima or broad beans to boiling water and par boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from water and place then in an ice bath. (Ice water)
- Once vegetables have cooled remove and dry them thoroughly with paper towels.
- In a saute pan using medium low heat add the olive oil and bring up to temperature.
- Add the carrots, radishes, snap and beans and saute lightly for about 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the pea shoots and saute for another 30 seconds
- Place on individual plates along with you main entree and serve with a lemon wedges for squeezing if desired.