Steamed Little Neck Clams
|4 dozen soft shell clams in shell|
|1 cup corn meal|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tbs oregano|
|1 tbs fresh parsley chopped|
|salt and pepper for sprinkling|
|2 cups dry white wine|
|2 sticks unsalted butter melted|
- Wash clams and place in a large bowl of water along with the corn meal. Let sit for at least 2 hours. This will purge the clams of any grit.
- Remove clams from the soaking liquid rinse then and add to a large sauce or saute pan that has a cover.
- Add the butter white wine and spices.
- Cook over medium heat until clams open.
- Place clams on a platter along with cooking liquid in an container for dipping.