Steamed Little Neck Clams
- 4 dozen soft shell clams in shell
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper for sprinkling
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- Wash clams and place in a large bowl of water along with the corn meal. Let sit for at least 2 hours. This will purge the clams of any grit.
- Remove clams from the soaking liquid rinse then and add to a large sauce or saute pan that has a cover.
- Add the butter white wine and spices.
- Cook over medium heat until clams open.
- Place clams on a platter along with cooking liquid in an container for dipping.